Thursday, March 19, 2009

Life Lessons

There are times in life when things don’t work out the way we want them to and we have to do unpleasant things and deal with unfortunate situations. I have gone through a few of these times and am currently experiencing another. Please don’t get me wrong, I am not trying to complain, I’m simply wishing to share a fact.

I think that hard times are a part of life that we all must experience in order to grow as human beings and broaden our experiences. I also think that the highs in our lives also teach us lessons, but occasionally there is something about walking through a valley that makes you appreciate those peaks more than you did when you were in the actual moment – at least for me anyway.

I’m going through a dip in my road, a pot hole if you will. It’s not a big one and it’s nothing that is going to set my path off course. It’s more of an inconvenience, something that I didn’t anticipate, and something that I’d rather not deal with, but something that I must. My life will continue on just fine once I pass on by but hopefully I will learn something from it – and honestly, I think I already have.

I’ve learned that I need to trust my instincts and to be more honest with myself. I’ve learned that my life passions really are important to me and they are my main focus right now. I can see how I have become distracted and could become even more so – and I don’t want that. I do not want to settle and I don’t think just anything will do. I am confident and not just content, but happy with my life. I don’t need anything else right now.

The situation that I am in is not fun. It is difficult and tricky and has the potential to blow up in my face. For better or for worse though, I have gotten myself into it, and because I am a responsible adult, I will somehow get myself out of it.

No comments:

 
free counter