I have a lot to do – or at least a lot that I want to do.
I just returned from a fabulous trip to Denver to visit one of my best friends, Heather, and I seriously couldn’t have asked for a better vacation. It was exactly what I needed – to just drop everything and go. I wish it wasn’t over.
But now that I’m back, and the vacation IS over, there are a bazillion things that I need to do.
- I need to get caught up on work. I’m almost there, but there are a few lingering things that I am discovering as time progresses. It’s great in a way because I like being busy, but frustrating because I feel like I’m behind or that there are things I am missing or unaware of because I was absent.
- I need to get my room put back together. It’s basically a disaster because I hate to unpack, so things are strewn about in a careless manner. We are trying to find a new roommate at our house and the person will be moving into my room, so I need to clean it up to make it presentable to show someone tonight.
- I need to find a new roommate! Our third roommate is moving out this weekend and we have until the 1st to find someone to replace her otherwise Susan and I are each going to have to pay extra for May to cover the remainder that is due. Yikes! It’s doable, but not ideal.
- I want to blog more. It’s been so long and I have so many thoughts that I want to express; I just need to sit down and get them out of my head. The problem is that I need to not be distracted and it’s always so much easier to play free cell on my computer instead of write and actually be intelligent with my life.
- My healthy lifestyle (or at least attempt at it) went out the window on Good Friday and I have pretty much given up hope that it is going to improve between now and May 3. I went home to my parent’s house for Easter and while I tried to work out and eat better, I still have no self control and gained a few extra pounds. I then decided that I wasn’t going to weigh myself until May and just be super dedicated. Well that lasted about a day since on the 15th I flew to Denver and spent a glorious vacation with Heather. I ate whatever and drank several hundred calories and don’t regret a thing. Now I’m home, my pants are tighter and I’m looking at another weekend at my parent’s where there will be delicious ribs and pizza. Then the first weekend in May, I’m heading to my beloved city of Portland to spend some time with some of my favorite friends to celebrate multiple birthdays. It’s going to be great – but also difficult on my waistline. Basically I have to work extra hard during the week to support my freedom on the weekends but realistically, I’m kind of giving up hope until May 4 – that’s when I’m kicking myself back into high gear. At least that’s the plan anyway.
- I am so excited to start planning my European adventure – again. I have a rough idea of what I want to do, but I need to start finalizing some things. It’s coming up quick, only 4.5 months away! Eek! I’m so excited.
- I have a goal to watch as many movies from my list as I can before I head out on my adventure. I think I have a little over 50 left so it’s doable, but basically that means 3-4 movies per week. With everything else I have left to do in my life, I don’t think it’s going to happen and that’s ok, but I still want to try and watch what I can.
Plus in the midst of all this I still want to carry on my life as usual. I want to see my friends and hang out and have fun! I want to enjoy my spring and summer and each moment of my life. I don’t want to be too anxious to get through these next few months because I know that while what is in my future is exciting, each day leading up to it also holds great potential and I don’t want to miss anything.
So, keep checking my blog. My goal is to try and update it at least twice a week and write one movie review each week. I’m hoping my writing process might take the “edge” off of my anxiety about what I need to do, but more than that I just want to share my thoughts. It’s been far too long and if I don’t let it all out I just might explode! :)