Sunday, August 30, 2009

Danish Food

Written last night:
Me at the docks eating my first real Danish meal.

I had my first real Danish dish this evening. It is called Stjerneskud (which translates to shooting star in English). Alice took me to a pier like area where the fishing boats come in and we ate on the docks/waterfront. I bought her dinner as a thank you for taking me in for two nights and for driving me around the area. She took me to two different castles and to this waterfront area.

So, stjerneskud, as you may have guessed, is a fish dish. Traditionally it is two pieces of fish, one boiled and one baked over a lettuce and a toasted piece of bread. Then fresh shrimp, vegetables (cucumber and asperagus) and the occasional tomatoe are placed on top and drizzled with a cream like sauce and some caviar. Sounds delicious eh? Well, this stjemeskud had friend fish and lacked the asperagus, but it was pretty good. It was a little "fishy" tasting, but I ate the whole thing and am now quite full.


All in all, a good day. Alice is very friendly and has been very kind to drive me around and show me the various sites. I'm looking forward to another quiet day tomorrow and may go into town to do a little window shopping and exploring. I do need to get my journal updated and finalize a few plans for Hamburg however, so it might be good to just do some research and stay at Alice's flat. Either way it should be a good day.

No comments:

 
free counter