Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Quick Update

Before I head out of the day I thought I’d send a quick update and let you all know that I slept well and made it through the night safe and sound, not that I was worried. Nothing has been lost or stolen thankfully and my homemade little sleep sack is quite warm – that I was a little worried about. I went to bed a little after 11pm and woke up at 2:30, 4, 4:30, 5:30, and finally got up at 6. I did sleep well, but it was intermittent. Hopefully tonight I’m a little more of a sound sleeper. Although it would be nice to continue to wake up early so that I can be the first person in the shower and have a little privacy.

By the time I got myself showered, dressed, and my bags situated for the day it was 7am and time for my included breakfast! I am now sitting here enjoying the Danish spread before me. Fruit, cheeses, veggies, even a meatloaf thing with bacon bits. Yum. The yogurt here is amazing. I remember thinking that the last time I was in Europe. There is just no comparison in the states. It’s just fresh and thin and thick at the same time. I love it. I’m on my second bowl mixed with some fruity granola. There is also fresh bread which, if you know me you’ll know, is one of my most favorite things. Oh, and there is fresh orange juice. J

I am stocking up and eating a big breakfast so that I can put lunch off as long as possible and hopefully not have to spend as much money. I know it’s cheap of me and I probably look like the gluttonous America, but I don’t care that much. If it’ll save me $5-$10/day, I’m ok with it. I also know that not every place I stay at will have an included breakfast, so I’m enjoying it while I can.

Today I’m off to explore the northern end of town. I’ll see the famous Little Mermaid statue and visit a few museums. I am going to try and make it one of the towers here and climb to the top to take a picture of the city from above. I’m going to try and do that in as many cities as I can and maybe develop a little collection of rooftop views. Should be a fun day.

1 comment:

gail said...

Loving the updates, Thank you!

 
free counter