Wednesday, August 26, 2009

On My Way ...

I’m sitting in the SeaTac airport waiting for my flight to board and have decided to use the time productively. I cannot connect to the internet so you wont actually see this posted until I arrive in Copenhagen, so bear with me, if you please.

I’m excited for my adventure to start. I’m also nervous. Eddie had the pleasure of wiping away a few tears last night as I stressed out about the last minute details. I’m ready now though. I have my bags packed, my camera, computer, cell phone, extra batteries, European converters, phrasebooks, and so much more. I had planned to carry on my backpack as well as my daypack, but the attendant at the counter took my pack from me. Apparenly it looked too heavy to carry on. Oh well – hopefully it gets there since I didn’t pack any clothes in my daypack, otherwise I’ll be “enjoying” my travel attire for a few days longer than expected.

I am flying Icelandair and have a layover in Reykjavik. I don’t think it’s a super long layover and I definitely wont be leaving the airport, so it doesn’t really count as a country I’ve visited. I land in Copenhagen (if all goes well) around 1pm I believe – I think that’s 2am here, but I’m not 100% on that. I’ll let you know. My plan of action is to find the metro and get to my hostel, check in, and re-group. It’ll probably be 3pm by the time I’m all settled in and most likely all I’ll want to do is sleep. I am planning to force myself to stay up until at least 8pm – which probably wont be too difficult since I’m in a room that is set-up with 14 dorm beds. Hopefully I’m so worn out there wont be any noise that can keep me up.

Many of you have been asking about my itenerary and where exactly I am going when. Well, the details will be postd soon - I promise! If you have any friends or family in any of the cities or countries, let me know! If it’s not too much to ask I’d love a couch to sleep on or even a coffee date to get some tips on where to go and what to see. Any information is helpful! Also, if you would like a postcard send me your address. I’d love to send word from your favorite city (be sure to let me know what city that is)! You can send it via facebook message or e-mail, gohricka@spu.edu or anngohrick@gmail.com. Either one will get to me. I’m also going to be on skype occasionally so if you’d like to set up a skype date, let me know. My skype name is ann.gohrick. As you can see I’m not super creative with my e-mail and skype names, or my blog name. I guess simple and direct is hard to forget. :)

I have a long flight ahead of me, but I think I’m ready for it. I have Eddie’s ipod charged and ready to go, a good book (well hopefully a good one), and all my travel notes that I’m going to re-write in my journal so that it’s compact and in one area. I have plenty to do and lotsof time to do it. I’m set. :)

Well, we are about to start boarding so, I guess that means it’s time to put the laptop away. I will probably post some pictures and an update once I have settled in at the hostel in Copenhagen. I hope you all enjoy your nights rest in a comfortable bed in the silence and privacy of your own rooms. I will try to enjoy my attempt at sleeping on the airplane and corporate dorm experience. I know it’s not really fair to complain – I did this to myself AND I’m going to be in Europe for goodness sake!

No comments:

 
free counter