Sunday, August 9, 2009

An Update ...

On Friday, a friend of mine asked me, “When, when, when are you going to update your blog?” I guess I’ve been keeping you all waiting in suspense far too long aye? :) I don’t think highly enough of myself to believe that you all are checking blogspot every day to see if I’ve posed anything new, but it is nice to know that at least one person likes to read what I write here. Life has been crazy - in so many good ways – lately. I haven’t really had time to sit and write anything, granted I haven’t carved out the time or made it a priority, but a lot has been happening. I am hoping that while I’m in Europe I will grow some discipline as I update this everyday and maybe when I get back I will continue writing on a regular basis. We’ll have to wait and see I guess.

The main reason I have more time to write now is that Eddie is on a 10 day hike around Mt. Rainier with his cousin Tessa. It’s called the Wonderland trail and it’s something like 100 miles total. They’re pretty much crazy if you ask me, but it’s something he’s super excited about doing and it will be a huge accomplishment once he finishes. The time apart will probably be good for us since we’ve seen each other every day since we started dating on June 22 (up until today/yesterday since it’s now after 2am – he came and said goodbye to me at work before he left on Friday), but I will miss him – in fact I do miss him. I guess it’s practice for when I leave for Europe, although at least in Europe I can e-mail or we can skype, and we won’t be completely shut off from each other.

My plan for today (Saturday) was to sleep in, get up and go for a walk/run, clean my disaster of a room, do laundry, blog, finish research for my trip, review/edit my sister’s resume, send out a few e-mails and make some phone calls to catch-up with some friends, figure out what I’m going to do for my health insurance once everything at SPU expires at the end of the month, and maybe start to pack-up my life. It was an EXTREMELY ambitious plan and it overwhelmed me a bit which may be why almost none of it was accomplished.

I did sleep in – way in. I got up around 1:30pm, which doesn’t sound as bad when you know that I went to bed at 2, but still, that’s a lot of sleep. I guess I needed it. When I got up though, I rolled over to my computer and watched a few episodes of So You Think You Can Dance online instead of working out. It wasn’t on my list of things to do, but it was something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile. I ate a little bit and chatted with my roommate, did some dishes, and then around 5:30 I was tired again, so I took a nap. Yes, I realize how ridiculous I am. I slept until almost 8 at which point I got up, had dinner, took a shower, and got ready to go out dancing with my roommate! It may not be the most productive day I’ve ever had, but it sure has been an extremely relaxing one.

I’m now back from the club (Susan and I went to Nectar for their 5 year anniversary dance party). There wasn’t a whole lot of dancing going on at first, but we made our way out onto the floor and shook our groove things. I have never been very scandalous when I dance, but apparently since dating Eddie, I’ve toned it down even more so. I was dancing with this guy and all of a sudden he stopped and asked, “You have a boyfriend don’t you?” Obviously the answer to the question is yes but it was funny to me that he even asked it. I’ve never been asked that question before while being out and it’s ironic to me that it happened the first time I’ve been out since dating Eddie. Having a boyfriend turned out to be a great conversation starter. I told him about Europe and he gave me some information about a few girls who live in Vienna that I could probably stay with. I also ended up being a "wingwomam" of sorts for him and tried to help him find some single ladies to dance with. I don’t think I was a lot of help as the night ended and he was still alone, but I tried and that’s what counts right?

It was a fun night all together. I wouldn’t say that Nectar was a great place to go dancing, but there sure were some characters. There were two bald headed gay men who looked like they had walked out off of the Village People stage and then there were two lesbian girls who kept flashing each other. There was the short stocky little fellow who kept elbowing me to try and get my attention, and the myriad of men who felt that it was ok to pinch Susan’s cheeks – and I don’t mean the ones on her face. People are so funny when they don’t think anyone is watching. I’m sure I am ridiculous as well, but fortunately I don’t carry a mirror in my back pocket so I get to walk around in ignorant bliss at how silly my own life is.

There are many other things that I want to discuss here, but I think they will have to wait for a new posting. So stay tuned for:

My thoughts on my upcoming trip – how nervous and yet excited I am for it and how overwhelmed I am by all the details I still need to figure out.

My trip to Vegas last weekend with Eddie – I want to wait to write about that one until I can post pictures and those are on Eddie’s camera so I won’t have access until he returns on the 17th.

How things are going with the boyfriend – I’ll leave it as they’re going great for now.

My excitement and anticipation of Shera coming to stay with me in Seattle this upcoming week – she’ll be here tomorrow and I’m so glad I get to see her before I head out of town.

There are so many thoughts (related to what’s above and so much more) swirling around in my head that I don’t really know where to begin. Hopefully I will be able to sort through them enough to articulate thoughts here on this blog for my own sanity and for your reading pleasure. So, on that note dear friends, I hope that your days are full of clarity and greatness and that I didn’t bore you too much with my ramblings. Until next time …

1 comment:

Britt said...

I totally check for updates, Ann! Thanks for updating us. :)

free counter