Thursday, August 27, 2009

Late Start

I woke up in a panic this morning because my alarm didn’t go off. Or maybe it did and I turned it off and just don’t remember. Hmm … I had it set for 6am but at 6:30 I woke up (due to some noise in the room) and looked at my watch. Yikes! Time to get up! At least I was a little more familiar with my settings this morning so it hasn’t taken me quite as long to get ready. I’m now eating breakfast and am thoroughly enjoying my yogurt.

My new room is a little more exciting than my old one. I went to bed around 10, but there was a lot of noise surrounding the room until probably 11. Then at midnight a large group of people came into the room and made a bit of noise – I tried to sleep through it. Then at 3 another group of people showed up and were talking with each other as they got ready for bed. I’m sure they were somewhat inebriated and probably didn’t realize how loud they were. The person who was sleeping on the top bunk of my bunk bed set felt the need to shake the bed violently for awhile. Joy. Finally I fell back asleep but woke up intermittently for awhile. I have a feeling I will not be sleeping through the night completely until I return home in December.

I was a little homesick last night. It hit me yesterday that I am on day two of a 120-something day trip. That’s a long time to be away from the people I love and everything familiar that I know! Please don’t misunderstand either. I am enjoying myself and it’s not that I don’t want to be here. I just wish there was some way I could be here and at home at the same time. I just keep reminding myself how amazing this adventure is and that when I look back on it years later I will be so excited about all the memories. I’m doing something that others only dream of doing. I can’t lose sight of that.

Today’s plan is to visit the last of the museums I wanted to see. Then I thought about heading over to Christianshavn. It’s an isolated community that has set-up their own society basically within Denmark. It’s a little hippie area where it sounds like just about anything goes. To be honest, it intimidates me a little, but I think I should go. It’ll be an adventure within my adventure for sure!

I plan to post more pictures today as well, so be sure to check facebook in the morning. Goodnight over there!

No comments:

 
free counter